Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Give Me Your Eyes"

I am obviously not a great blogger but I decided that I want to share a little bit about what God is teaching me and doing in my life.  First, a little bit about me.  Ever since I was little I have loved the outdoors and adventure. I have always dreamed about living on a ranch in the middle of nowhere with tons of horses or going overseas and living in a remote village.  I have never wanted to live in a big city. In fact, I always thought that would be awful.  I have heard it said that people are moving to the cities, and that is where we need to be sending missionaries to reach people.  This has never convinced me.  Others can go to the cities but not me. never.  However, a couple of months ago at church the praise band played "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath with a video of people in the city in the background.  God broke my heart.  Sometimes I am a shy person and reserved when it comes to showing my emotions or talking to other people, but I also love people and their stories.  I realized through this song that God was giving me a little inkling of a desire and a passion for the city.  I never expected this.  Of course I would still love to live on a ranch or somewhere away from the city.  I would love to live in a different country for a little bit and learn more about their culture, preferably in a village type setting.  But I would also be okay if God sent me to the city.  I am now ready to go wherever God sends me.  The cool part is I am thinking about applying to work for an organization like World Vision when I graduate from college.  I want to do finances for them, which could place me in a large city, but could also let me travel.  I am just excited to go wherever God wants me and I hope that I always follow his will for my life.

No comments: